Tyranny of Dragons
Beregost is a town on the Coast Way, halfway between Baldur’s Gate and Amn. The town receives many visiting merchant caravans and, as of 1368 DR, has one tavern and three inns.
Beregost began as a small farming village, established some time after 1026 DR to support the school of magic run by the wizard Ulcaster. The school was destroyed in 1106 DR by Calishite mages and now only the ruins remain. The settlement however thrived and as of 1368 DR it had grown into a large town and an important trading center.
In 1368 DR while Beregost’s offical government is a five-person town council, in reality, the town is run by the governor, Kelddath Ormlyr, who is also the high priest of Song of the Morning a major temple to Lathander. By 1372 DR, Beregost is recorded as having no “official government” and “being run by the high priest of the major temple to Lathander”. It is policed by the Flaming Fist from Baldur’s Gate.